Montessori International Preschool is recruiting!
We are looking for a part-time Administrator to assist the manager in administrative tasks. At Montessori International Preschool, we have a small collaborative team which creates a personal and friendly work environment. We offer decent wages with generous holidays. We support a dynamic and caring community and prioritize the well-being of all involved: the children, the families and the Montessori Team.
• Fluent in both English and Danish: spoken and written (mother tongue level)
• Experience working in administration preferred or as a Personal Assistant
• Permit or right to work in Denmark as we cannot provide working visas
• Provide PA/administrative support for the day-to-day management of the preschool
• Read email correspondence and respond to requests when needed
• Review and maintain office management systems and procedures, including data management, filing, inventory and storage
• Arrange and organize meetings, including taking notes and distributing minutes
• Liaise and work with local authorities, such as the local municipalities, The Ministry of Food, the Danish Health Authority, the Work Environment Authority, etc.
• Manage suppliers and order school supplies, stationery and office equipment
• Conduct or prepare any research on behalf of the manager
• Organize accounts, basic bookkeeping and bank statement reconciliation
• Various ad hoc requests, including travel arrangements, building maintenance and entertainment.
• International setting, children and staff from over 20 different countries
• Environmentally-friendly and healthy working environment
• Organic and vegetarian lunch and snacks
• English speaking environment
• Holidays when the preschool is closed (see Calendar on our website)
Skills, Characteristics and Values
• Exceptional organizational and time-management skills – with attention to detail
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills – in both English and Danish
• Strong social and interpersonal skills – pleasure in working as part of a team
• Ability to be proactive, self-motivated and to take initiative
• Strong computer literacy especially Microsoft Office applications – Outlook, Word and Excel
• Enthusiastic, flexible and efficient when it comes to responsibilities and tasks
• Discretion and trustworthiness – an understanding of confidentiality issues
• A genuine delight in working in an environment with children
• Patient, calm, caring and compassionate with a positive outlook
• Honest, reliable and stable character with integrity
• Creative and easily adaptable to different situations.
The position starts in September 2022 or earlier if we find the right candidate. It will require between 15 and 20 hours a week and the hours are flexible. If you are hard-working and dedicated, our preschool is a great place for you to work!
If you are interested in this position and feel that you would be a good candidate for our team, please send your application to Isabelle Valentine: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to welcoming the ideal candidate to our Montessori community!
FOR UNSOLICITED APPLICATIONS
We prefer hiring native English speakers so unless your English is at that level, we will not consider your application.
Also, for teacher positions, we only hire Montessori trained teachers with either an AMI or AMS degree. We also require at least 3 years of experience as a Montessori teacher in a full 3-6 (Casa) Montessori environment. If you do not have these credentials, your application will not be considered for a teacher position.
Have a nice day!