Montessori International Preschool is looking for a part-time Assistant to join our team at our preschool.
• Native English speaker
• 20 hours a week – 13:00 to 17:00 – Monday to Friday
• Experience working with children from 3 to 6 years old
• Experience creating art activities
• Experience organising outdoor play and activities
• Knowledge of Montessori philosophy preferred but not required
• Willing to be outside with children every afternoon in all weather conditions
• Permit or right to work in Denmark as we cannot provide working visas.
• Montessori environment: specific guidelines and policies to be respected
• International setting, children and staff from over 20 different countries
• Environmentally-friendly and healthy working environment
• Organic and vegetarian lunch and snacks
• English speaking environment
• Holidays when the preschool is closed.
• Help children in getting ready to go outside after lunch
• Assist children when they need to go to the toilet
• Organise outdoor activities that stimulate children’s physical development
• Organise outdoor projects to stimulate children’s learning and curiosity
• Organise art activities that stimulate children’s motor skills and their critical eye
• Maintain order and cleanliness of the environment on a daily basis
• Help the children to play cooperatively in an atmosphere of respect
• Apply Montessori philosophy in all activities above
Qualities, Characteristics and Values
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Natural team player
• Enthusiastic and stable character with integrity
• Ability to deal positively with change
• Flexible and collaborative approach to work
• Responsible and a strong ability to take initiative
• Positive outlook and optimistic mindset
• Patient, calm, caring and compassionate
• Trustworthy and respectful nature.
If you are interested in this position and feel that you would be a good candidate for our team, please send your application and one reference to Isabelle Valentine: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for application is 20 June 2019.
We are looking forward to welcoming the ideal candidate to our Montessori family!